About this Blog!
I will be posting pictures and talking about all the wonderful dogs I work with at the San Diego Animal Shelters, that are available for adoption. I absolutely love what I do and hope that sharing these terrific animals with you will help me in my quest to find every dog that loving home they more than deserve. If you see a dog you are interested in adopting or know someone that would be, please contact me via email or leave a comment here! Feel free to share this blog and all it's content with everyone you know!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First Day

    I recently transferred from the San Diego to the Carlsbad shelter.  I have to admit, I was a little nervous to change shelter locations (I am a major creature of habit.) But now that I officially know the layout and what not at Carlsbad (north) I am super excited for many new adventures.
     October 11th, I met a wonderful lady named Michelle at north so she could show me around. She introduced me to some other volunteers and staff, took me on a whirl wind through the maze (shelter) then told me to call her if I needed anything... OK... I can do this. After I took a deep breath, I walked the whole grounds again slowly and got the feel of it, much better. North has a way better layout than central did. I then got all my necessities together and got to work.     
     Marley was the first dog I took out that day (stay tuned for his blog post) he is such a great boy! We walked the grounds which are awesome, great trails and play yards for the dogs to, well, be dogs! While playing ball with Marley, I got to know Leslie, a fantastic volunteer that has been there for over 5 years! Leslie was telling me that they have adoption events where us volunteers can pick a dog to take... awesome! Later that day I found my pick for the next outing, Chloe... Yes, I am in love again! 
     So all in all, this was a great change. I am meeting some great people, amazing dogs and see fantastic things happening in my future volunteering at the Carlsbad shelter. To top it off, north is right around the corner from Brett's work. He can come meet my lovely doggies I brag about and take me on lunch dates now and then... yesterday was Sushi, thanks babe!
     It has been a long couple of months and it is finally time to put some TLC back into my blog, which will hopefully assist in our canine friends finding their forever homes. I will be posting dogs again soon... keep an eye out for one that may just steal your heart away!

No comments:

Post a Comment